Volunteering Development Manager
Fixed term post for 12 months
£26,000 per annum pro rata for 2.5 days a week
Moseley Road Baths (Charitable Incorporated Organisation) took over the management of Moseley Road Baths from Birmingham City Council in April 2018. We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Volunteer Development Professional to create a sustainable volunteer programme at Moseley Road Baths as it undergoes the cultural shift from local authority to community run.
You will be responsible for developing and sustaining volunteering opportunities for the local community. You will review, develop and promote the volunteering, developing new offers and approaches to achieve our aims and goals and involve volunteers in all we do. You will work with other managers to ensure they are all confident and capable of working with volunteers. This role is funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund, the post-holder will support with compiling reports for the funder.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the strategic development of volunteering at the baths, working across all teams and forming appropriate plans, partnerships and strategies. You will develop new offers and improve the experience for current volunteers, sharing good practice and learning from others.
- Lead on the recruitment, training, and day to day management of volunteers.
- Coaching, mentoring and supporting pool staff in the development of sustainable volunteer opportunities. You will share your knowledge and experience of volunteering to enable them to be enthusiastic and able to effectively manage all elements of volunteering. You are responsible for communicating key messages to volunteers.
- Set and lead the direction of volunteering in line with the Business Plan. You will create a great place for volunteers to work.
- Identify and manage risk and ensure plans and processes are in place.
- Responsibility for compliance and efficient keeping of volunteer records and databases. You will ensure good recruitment, induction, recognition and communication is delivered.
- Establishing processes and feedback loops to evaluate and improve volunteering
- Assessing the resources required to deliver great volunteering and participate in the financial planning process. You help to identify opportunities for income, innovation and external funding.
To apply, please read the full job description and person spec, and then send your CV with a supporting statement describing your relevant skills and experience, along with a completed Equality monitoring form. Please send your application via email to email@example.com
If you would like to talk to us before making the application, please contact David Viney, Business Development Manager on 07981233252 to discuss the role further.
Closing date: 12noon July 19th 2018
Interviews: Will be held on the 31st July 2018