Photo: Katja Ogrin / Flatpack
We are looking for someone to become the new chair of the board of trustees at Moseley Road Baths – a fantastic opportunity to make a real difference to our remarkable heritage community enterprise.
Moseley Road Baths CIO has now been operating for two years. Before Covid19 we were starting to emerge from initial challenges with a strong business model to thrive; and even in the light of Covid19 the community and funding support around MRB means we are well placed to pull through these difficult years and emerge as a successful community pool and heritage venue.
Over the last year we have had eight active, skilled and enthusiastic trustees with a positive working culture. They have a good knowledge of MRB itself and expertise in heritage, project management, finance, fundraising, the local area and community engagement. We are currently recruiting two more and there has been plenty of interest.
The current chair, Karen Leach, has been in that role with great enthusiasm since the earliest discussions of a community takeover, but feels that now is the time for the venture to benefit from fresh leadership. This will be someone who shares our passion for and active commitment to MRB with the time to plan and lead our monthly meetings, liaise with managers and guide subgroup activity in between meetings.
We are looking for:
- An open mind, willing to listen and consider the views and needs of others and to give and receive honest feedback, whilst constructively challenging the status quo
- Ability to encourage equal participation of all members of the Board
- Demonstrable commitment to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion at all levels
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for as many as possible of the following: swimming, heritage, community enterprise, the voluntary sector and the Balsall Heath area
- A track record of team leadership and best practice in corporate governance
- Good commercial awareness
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and communication skills, able to present to a wide range of audiences and to develop excellent relationships with all stakeholders.
More information about the role of chair can be found in the job description and person specification.
We are also keen to ensure that our board as a whole maintains and increases its reflection of the diversity of Balsall Heath’s population, in its age, cultural, social, ethnic and gender profile, in order to benefit from a wider range of perspectives and ensure we do not inadvertently exclude anyone from our activities.
Please read the job description and person specification above to find out more about the role. You can then contact the current chair for an informal chat, sending some information about yourself. Applications are by CV and covering letter to email@example.com by the closing date of 21st November. We look forward to hearing from you!