£19k- £21k (depending on experience) pro rata (37.5 hours per week)
We’re seeking a Pool Operations Manager to lead the operational management of community-run Moseley Road Baths (MRB) in Birmingham. MRB is a Grade II* listed building of international significance and much loved and valued by the diverse communities of Balsall Heath and surrounding areas.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Pool Operations Manager will be responsible for managing all operational functions of the service including plant operation and the training and management of poolside staff and of lifeguard/reception volunteers
This is not a conventional leisure centre environment! MRB is a heritage community pool run by a charity that is hugely proud of the range and number of people who feel welcome at the pool and how the community has come together to save and improve it. MRB has developed a positive and supportive team culture, grown its income and improved its operations over the last two years.
- You will love the idea of working at a heritage community pool.
- You will be an excellent people-person and team player, and comfortable working with both volunteers and paid colleagues.
- Applicants should possess
- a current NPLQ qualification
- some experience as a supervisor or duty manager in a swimming facility.
- a Pool Plant Operators qualification (training could be provided for the right candidate)
- Steam boiler experience would be useful but training can be provided
- Swim teacher or NPLQ Trainer/Assessor qualification would also be useful.
- A sound knowledge of swimming pool operations and in particular, a thorough understanding of relevant health and safety legislation related to swimming pools is essential for this position.
Please read the full job description and person specification below. We have also included a link to last year’s Annual Report to get an idea of our approach and objectives. If you’d like to apply, please complete the application form below and send it with a personal statement (no more than two sides of A4) outlining why you are interested and suitable for the role, to email@example.com by the closing date of Tuesday 3rd March at midnight.
If you would like more information or to talk to us before making the application, please explore the rest of our website, or contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org and one of us will get back to you. We also have a drop-in session on Thursday 27th February between 5-7pm at Moseley Road Baths, so come along for a cup of tea with two team members and find out more.
Closing date: 12 midnight Tuesday 3rd March
Interviews: w/c 9th March (TBC)