Get involved at Moseley Road Baths
We are incredibly grateful for the many ways in which our communities and coalition partners have supported our charity. You can find out more about how to get involved on this page.
On this page
Make a donation
Moseley Road Baths CIO is a community led facility which is very proud of the amazing support we have received.
All donations are welcome and help us to:
- Help maintain our building
- Pay for swimming equipment for all our customers
- Contribute to the running cost of our community swimming pool
Join our fantastic team of volunteers
Our volunteers are at the heart of Moseley Road Baths, a lively community pool in a beautiful heritage building.
As a volunteer with us, you could:
- Learn new skills
- Improve health and wellbeing in your community
- Help with cultural and leisure activities
- Learn more about this beautiful historic building
- Help to make swimming accessible for everyone.
If you’re interested, please get in touch:
Volunteer roles available
We need volunteers in a number of roles, including reception, lifeguards and event volunteers – or you may have a particular skill to offer!
Moseley Road Baths is looking for enthusiastic volunteers to be part of Balsall Heath’s Living Room!
Balsall Heath’s Living Room, situated in the iconic Gala Pool at Moseley Road Baths, is a free civic space in which people can be warm, chill out alone or with friends, and engage in installations and activities. With inspiration rooted in Moseley Road Baths social history, Balsall Heath’s Living Room will continue to welcome local communities to foster a sense of collective belonging in the building.
Taking place from July 1st – September 30th, volunteers will be needed to help make the Living Room feel like home to all, as well as help with the range of arts and cultural activities and events happening in the space.
- 18+ years old
- If you would like to volunteer, we ask you to attend one of our Volunteer Inductions. Upcoming Inductions are: Saturday 22nd July, 2-4pm and Tuesday 25th July, 1-3pm. Volunteer Inductions will take place in Balsall Heath’s Living Room at Moseley Road Baths, B12 9BX
- Opportunities to engage with artwork and activities from fantastic artists and organisations in Birmingham, including – Flatpack, Friction Arts, Ort Gallery, Parakeet Studio, Bethany Steventon-Crinks and many more!!
- A free swim once a week at Moseley Road Baths
- Valuable and transferable skills in events and/or hosting spaces
- A chance to meet new people and to learn about the journey of Moseley Road Baths
Welcome Volunteer – If you’re looking for an introduction to volunteering, want to meet new people and learn more of the stories around Moseley Road Baths then this opportunity is for you. Welcome volunteers will be essential in making our guests feel at home with a cup of tea and friendly conversation.
Event Volunteer – This is a chance to help behind the scenes at Balsall Heath’s Living Room arts and cultural events taking place across the summer. Event Volunteers will be part of making these events happen and that our guests have a great experience whilst at Moseley Road Baths.
HOW TO APPLY
All you have to do is complete the short form below. If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Could you be a volunteer lifeguard? If you are a strong swimmer, we could help you to train as a lifeguard with the NPLQ qualification.
”I’ve always wanted to do something that can help people and improve their life somehow and becoming a lifeguard helped me as I love seeing people enjoy themselves. It’s a great social environment and there are many amazing people you get to meet. It also provides you with many life skills and opportunities.”
Maheen, volunteer lifeguard
Our reception volunteers provide a friendly welcome to swimmers and visitors, provide customer service and help with admin tasks.
‘I have enjoyed volunteering very much. It has been so much fun! Meeting new people and volunteering with everyone has been great. Getting out of the house has helped me a lot.’
Nazma, reception and event volunteer
In return we will provide the training you need and any additional training in specific areas depending on the needs of the role. Our insurance covers you when you are working as a volunteer. Hours of work will be flexible depending on individuals’ availability.
Our event volunteers help us to run events, guiding the public, serving refreshments and chatting to visitors. You may be capturing visitors’ stories or hosting community focused sessions.
‘I can experience the community, local people and culture which makes me feel like I am part of the community. Staff are supportive which helps me to build my confidence.’
Winnie, event volunteer
There are always opportunities to support us! Please get in touch if you have a specific skill to offer.
‘I had a long connection to Moseley Road Baths – both our children learned to swim there and for a long time we went there as a family to swim most Sunday mornings. I’ve always loved the building, but also how it connects with the local community across the generations. So I was really happy to do something to help out.’
Ian, graphic designer and photographer
Educational links - coming soon!
Date: 12th Dec
Opportunities, we are hiring!
Moseley Road Baths is at an exciting time in its evolution. The campaign to save the Baths, launched by the Friends of MRB many years ago and joined by many local people, as well as national and international heritage organisations and Birmingham City Council, has succeeded: the Baths remains in operation and will be saved for future generations.
Job title: Swim teacher
Hours & Contract: Seasonal
Location: Moseley Road Baths
Salary: Hourly rate: £15
Are you passionate about swimming and dedicated to helping others become confident and skilled swimmers? We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and knowledgeable swim teacher to join our team at Moseley Road Baths. The role will require you to provide swimming lessons for our Swim School and to assist with primary school groups. If you enjoy helping young people achieve their goals, then we would love to hear from you.
Please note that you are required to hold either a Swim England Level 2 or STA equivalent and have some experience of teaching swimming.
- Provide Moseley Road Swim School students with lessons during term time at Moseley Road baths and during our crash courses in Summer.
- Teach swimming lessons to local primary school groups at sessions within during term times at Moseley Road Baths.
- Ensure that all sessions and practices are within the current guidelines of ASA and other governing bodies as are appropriate.
- Work with the Pool Operations co-ordinator to ensure lessons adhere to all associated policies and procedures.
- Encourage the progression of children through various stages of development.
- Communicate with schoolteachers and the swim school co-ordinator regarding the progress of the children.
- To complete weekly registers and ensure they are handed to administrative staff.
- Ensure that all role relevant qualifications are maintained within the acceptable standards of the governing bodies.
- Attend refresher/training courses as necessary.
- Be familiar with and act upon Health and Safety procedures within the swimming environment.
- Be responsible for monitoring and reporting maintenance issues that may affect standards of coaching.
- Strong leadership and verbal communication skills with children and adults
- Ability to work independently and manage workload personally
- Patience and adaptability, working with diverse learners to accommodate different learning styles and abilities.
- Reliability and Professionalism when interacting with swimmers, parents and colleagues.
Hours and Availability:
- Thursday and/or Friday evenings
- Weekday Summer Holiday mornings
- Weekday term-time availability
If this sounds like something, you would be interested in please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com and we will get in touch to schedule an interview.
If you have any questions regarding the position please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Post is subject to an enhanced level disclosure check. This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.