A great way to start your career in the leisure industry
The Royal Foundation are working in partnership with ‘Coach Core Birmingham’ to help young people work towards a Community Activator Coach Apprenticeship L2 Standard. The first step in this process is to apply for one of 40 places at a recruitment event taking place in September. Those who demonstrate the commitment and will to want to better themselves in this sports coaching programme will then be offered year-long employment working and training for 30 hours a week on Coach Core beginning in October 2018.
The programme is intended to help young people through:
- Achieving qualifications and vocational training required by employers within the sports industry;
- Mentoring and experience of working alongside professionals including Sports Development Officers, experienced sports coaches and personnel from National Governing Bodies;
- Practical experience of working in the industry at sports events, in schools, in clubs and coaching within sports venues;
- An opportunity to meet new people of a similar age, have fun, become a role model and give something back to the community;
- The opportunity to attend exciting events and training throughout the apprenticeship.
Successful applicants will be involved in a paid full-time sports coaching training programme to support their development and prepare them for future employment. At the end of the 12 months, they will leave with recognised qualifications, new skills, knowledge and a wealth of experience working as a trainee sports coach plus the opportunity to attend events unique to this programme. With a full support team in place though Coach Core, previous apprentices have thrived both with their professional and personal development.