Aquatic Assistant (leisure assistant/lifeguard/swim teacher)
£8.75 per hour for 15 hours per week
We are seeking an aquatic assistant with lifeguard, teaching and preferably pool plant qualifications to work in our small but brilliant team of staff and volunteers. We welcome applications from women, as women are under-represented on our team.
Moseley Road Baths Charitable Incorporated Organisation is taking over the management of Moseley Road Baths from Birmingham City Council in a phased transition during April 2018. This post completes our staff team.
- Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Aquatic Assistant will be responsible for assisting with most aspects of pool operation including lifeguarding, swim teaching, the preparation and control of all facilities, pool plant operation, general cleaning, and customer service.
- Applicants should possess RLSS national pool lifeguard qualification (NPLQ) and Level 1/2 Swimming Teachers qualification.
- First Aid At Work and Pool Plant qualification/experience would be an advantage.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills, and a proactive and independent working attitude are key requirements for this position.
- You will be enthusiastic about the opportunity of working in a heritage community-run pool. Experience of working with volunteers would be an advantage.
To apply, please read the full job description and person spec, and then send your CV with a supporting statement describing your relevant skills and experience, along with a completed Equality monitoring form. Please send your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like more information or to talk to us before making the application, please see the other pages of this website or contact the chair of the CIO, Karen Leach, via email@example.com or 0121 449 8348.
Closing date: 12 noon 23rd April 2018
Interviews: Monday 30th April before 2pm (provisional date).