Active Communities Women’s Development Worker (freelance) at Moseley Road Baths – 5 hrs/wk
18 month post
£15 per hour, 5 hours per week, 46 weeks a year
The Worker will set up and run ‘Chat & Splash’ and ‘Family Fun’ Days for local women.
MRB CIO has won funding from The People’s Health Trust’s ‘Active Communities Fund’ to put in place women’s ‘Chat & Splash’ sessions plus ‘Family Fun’ half day sessions from November 2019 aimed at neighbourhoods across Balsall Heath. MRB CIO is looking for an enthusiastic part-time worker to set up and run the project.
Chat & Splash will run weekly for 18 months and will last for 2 hours. The first hour will be the ‘Chat’ part and will involve activities chosen by the group, such as arts and crafts.
The ‘Family Fun Days’ will run during the school holidays and there will be 7 a year. These will be primarily for the ‘Chat & Splash’ members’ families involving pool time along with refreshments and arts/games activities afterwards.
Duties and responsibilities
- Setting up the project supported by designated Trustee and MRB General Manager
- Publicising the project, alongside local partners in Balsall Heath
- Planning and facilitating the ‘Chat’ part of the session
- Organising and facilitating the Family Fun days
- Setting up an informal monthly Steering Group
- Carrying out quarterly user satisfaction surveys and six-monthly focus groups
- Collecting and maintaining the relevant data for Active Communities
- Working alongside a nominated Trustee on the biannual reports to Active Communities.
If you believe you have the skills and qualities to organise and run this exciting programme in one of Birmingham’s most active community buildings, we want to hear from you. Please read the job description and person specification below, and then fill in the application form and return it with a supporting statement to email@example.com.
If you would like to talk to us before making the application, please contact Cath Gilliver (Trustee) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Salary:||£15 per hour (self employed), 46 weeks per year, 18 month contract|
|Closing date:||5pm on 16th October 2019|
|Anticipated Interview dates:||Week of 21st October 2019|
|Application forms to be returned by email to:||email@example.com All applications to be accompanied by application form and supporting statement.|